We are looking for permanent reinforcements (m/f/d) for our development team at the Bamberg location as soon as possible.
Since 2014 – just one year after Apple introduced the iBeacon magic – Favendo develops and markets indoor positioning solutions like wayfinding and asset tracking services for corporate customers.The company specializes in indoor positioning and mobile tracking and navigation solutions. Long-standing customers include SAP, FRAPORT, Hammerson plc and MSC Cruises. Favendo solutions are used and distributed by Trilux and Phoenix Contact. Favendo created the RTLS Location Engine and indoor location application platform Commander and also uses input from partner companies such as Abeeway and Quuppa.
Favendo is also proud partner of the Omlox Initiative. Omlox is the market’s answer to the challenges every company is currently facing: increasing efficiency by merging the digital and real worlds. Positioning and localization technologies play a particularly important role in this process. As the first global IoT standard, Omlox represents a quantum leap in terms of the optimal digitization strategy. With the new standard, different localization technologies such as Bluetooth, ultra-broadband, RFID or GPS can be linked together. The focus here is on the networked factory. More about Omlox.
Your Tasks as DevOps Engineer:
- As DevOps Engineer you are responsible for container virtualization and orchestration based on Docker
- You further develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) automation and bundle and create software packages for the production system
- Creation and execution of software tests, among other things, on the basis of container structures that may also be clustered
- Consulting and support of our backend colleagues in JAVA platform development
- You will maintain and administer the IT infrastructure landscape in the development and test environments and look after our networks, including administration, configuration, maintenance and monitoring.
- You have a degree in computer science or a comparable qualification in information technology and can handle the modular container infrastructure (e.g. Rancher, AWS, Azure or Google) with regard to network, load balancing, service discovery, monitoring and recovery.
- You have experience with Linux distributions (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS) as well as their administration and feel confident in handling Gitlab, Jenkins and SQL/No-SQL databases.
- Ideally, you can demonstrate first work experience as a developer with Java and handling software containers. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Jira is also an advantage. But also with less professional experience you are welcome.
- We expect determination and openness for the entire software development and implementation process.
- Good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written.
We offer a permanent position as DevOps Engineer full time. You can expect the best mix of corporate and start-up culture. Plus an experienced international team of professionals who really make a difference. You will work with state-of-the-art technology in a modern designed office. Plus Friday beer, joint sports activities, team lunch and much more.
Did we spark your interest?
Very good! Then send us your complete application documents including salary expectations by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below.