Favendo is an industry-leader in the space of real-time locating systems. Help us perfect our algorithms, build developer-friendly APIs and provide tooling that users thank us for. We offer a permanent job as a Java backend engineer in full time. You can expect the best mix of established market player and start-up culture. Plus an experienced international team of professionals who really make a difference. We are looking for eager learners who love to think outside the box.
- Design, develop, test and support Java and Kotlin based back-end services.
- Use Spring Framework to develop web services.
- Use Apache Flink to implement real-time streaming applications.
- Use third party services like RabbitMQ, Postgres, MQTT, Graylog… to create full appliances.
- Understand the automated deployment scripts and update or add services to the deployment.
- Design and implement performance test scenarios.
- Design test setups and implement test applications for analyzing and improving our location algorithms.
- Perform code reviews within the team.
- Participate with impact in architecture decisions.
- Refine requirements with great freedom in our agile process.
- Optional: Get involved in designing, developing, testing and supporting our C based IoT device firmware.
Other tools that we use: IntelliJ IDEA, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Docker, Jira, Slack
- University degree in Information Science or similar.
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer is required.
- Deep understanding of Java. Experience with similar languages is appreciated as well.
- Ideally knowledge in: SQL, Spring, Apache Flink, Docker and Linux.
About the Job at Favendo:
- We strive to help each other get better and tackle problems as a team.
- Many of our co-workers call each other friends – we cultivate an open and friendly atmosphere and our beer-fridge is always stocked.
- (Partial) remote work possible.
- modern designed office on the beautiful Erba Island in Bamberg.
Favendo specializes in Real-time Locating Systems for corporate customers. Our IoT-Solutions are designed to help our clients find and locate things, people and places. We enable app users to do this search on their mobile phones and we enable organizations to find what they are looking for as efficiently as possible. Dependent on the required precision we work with Bluetooth low energy, BLE Angle of Arrival as well as with LoRaWAN and are able to integrate with common ERP, CRM, BI or health record systems like SAP GTT, SAP EWM, Philips PerformanceFlow, Oracle Fidelio, DeCurtis DXP and others.
Did we spark your interest?
Very nice! Then send us your complete application documents including salary expectations by e-mail to email@example.com or use our contact form. We look forward to getting to know you!