Join our team now as a remote working Senior Backend Developer with focus on Java!
Are you an experienced developer, fluent in Java and do you think in code? Software development is your passion and you are keen on building developer-friendly API’s? Are you a team-player who likes to think outside the box and really want to make a difference? And you have no problem working remotely?
Then Favendo is the right place for you! Experience true team spirit in an international team, the perfect mix of established market player and start-up culture as well as the opportunity to work independently and push each other further. We attach great importance to an open and friendly atmosphere, strive to help each other to get better, tackle problems as a team and our beer-fridge is always stocked 😉
As a Backend Software Engineer at Favendo, an industry-leader in the space of real-time locating systems, you will design IoT-Solutions to help our clients find and locate things, people and places. We enable app users to do this search on their mobile phones and enable organizations to find what they are looking for as efficiently as possible.
Look forward to exiting projects with customers from a wide range of sectors, where your expertise as an experienced Java developer really comes into play. At best Kotlin is not completely unknown to you either. Dependent on the required precision we work with Bluetooth low energy, BLE Angle of Arrival as well as with LoRaWAN and are able to integrate with common ERP, CRM, BI or health record systems like SAP GTT, SAP EWM, Philips PerformanceFlow, Oracle Fidelio, DeCurtis DXP and others. For our daily work we are using tools like IntelliJ IDEA, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Docker, Jira and Slack.
Curious to see how your daily work could look like?
Most of the time you will work together with Christian. He is also an experienced software engineer and has been part of the Favendo team for more than 5 years. Together you form the backbone of our backend department.
That is where your initiative and commitment are required. With Christian you can exchange ideas and discuss solutions in (remote) meetings. What he really likes about his work at Favendo? The flexibility and the creativity that programming offers. Christian enjoys working with his colleagues on a friendly basis. Open exchange of views and spontaneity are just as important to him as the possibility to work together on a project in a concentrated manner. What else should you know about Christian? He has a passion for hip hop and has even created hip hop songs himself for a few years.
Here’s what your meetings could look like. Say Hi to Christian 😉
Your Tasks in Detail:
As an experienced software engineer, you are not only an absolute Java professional, but have at best also an understanding of similar programming languages and are keen to share this knowledge with younger colleagues. Your job is to maintain and develop the core of our real-time indoor locating service. Specifically you will:
- Design, develop, test and support Java and Kotlin based back-end services
- Use Spring Framework to develop web services
- Use Apache Flink to implement real-time streaming applications
- Use third party services like RabbitMQ, Postgres, MQTT, Graylog… to create full appliances
- Understand the automated deployment scripts and update or add services to the deployment
- Design and implement performance test scenarios
- Design test setups and implement test applications for analyzing and improving our location algorithms
- Perform code reviews within the team
- Participate with impact in architecture decisions
- Refine requirements with great freedom in our agile process
- Optional: Get involved in designing, developing, testing and supporting our C based IoT device firmware
- University degree in Information Science or similar
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer and/or Java Developer is required
- Deep understanding of Java, experience with similar languages is appreciated as well
- Ideally knowledge in: SQL, Spring, Apache Flink, Docker and Linux
- Fluent English and preferably German
- You are curious and enjoy learning about new topics and technologies
- You are communicative and enjoy teamwork
- Permanent full-time position
- Very family friendly (Favendo is part of the Initiative Familienpakt Bayern)
- Flexible working hours and trust-based working time
- Agile work culture with flat hierarchies
- Modern equipped office space on the ERBA island in Bamberg
- Home office / mobile working
- Free drinks in the office (coffee, tea, water)
- Allowance for company pension plan
- Modern work equipment that fits your requirements
- Great team spirit
- Corporate events with lots of fun
Did we spark your interest?
Very good! Then send us your complete application documents including salary expectations by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below. We look forward to getting to know you!