Be part of the Favendo Team as experienced Software Architect with leadership skills!
Are you familiar with modern architecture principles, especially in the areas of IoT, stream processing and web services? You are keen on developing a product strategy? You are a real expert in at least one of these programming languages: Java, Kotlin, Swift or embedded C? Working remotely is also not a problem for you?
Then Favendo is the right place for you! Experience true team spirit in an international team, the perfect mix of established market player and start-up culture as well as the opportunity to work independently and push each other further. We attach great importance to an open and friendly atmosphere, strive to help each other to get better, tackle problems as a team and our beer-fridge is always stocked 😉
As a Software Architect at Favendo, a market leader in real-time location systems, you will be working at the interface between product, developer team and customers. More specifically, you will be an active part of the software development, taking a leading position in our development team and working closely with the product owner to refine the product strategy and define the requirements for our agile process. It’s definitely a plus for us if you are already an experienced software architect, but you can also expand your skills in this position.
Look forward to exiting projects with customers from a wide range of sectors, where your expertise as an experienced Software engineer really comes into play. Dependent on the required precision we work with Bluetooth low energy, BLE Angle of Arrival as well as with LoRaWAN and are able to integrate with common ERP, CRM, BI or health record systems like SAP GTT, SAP EWM, Philips PerformanceFlow, Oracle Fidelio, DeCurtis DXP and others. For our daily work we are using tools like IntelliJ IDEA, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Docker, Jira and Slack.
Your tasks in detail:
As experienced Software Engineer, you will not only help us develop maintainable products and provide developer-friendly APIs to our customers but also define the system architecture of our RTLS and make sure that the implementation complies with the specifications. Specifically you will:
- Define the system architecture of our Real-Time Location Services with the components backend, web frontend, various IoT devices as well as mobile SDKs and apps
- Define the software architecture of the individual building blocks
- Ensure that non-functional requirements are met and that the implementation follows the architecture specifications
- Define deployment strategies and tooling
- Actively participate in software development to maintain and grow own skills and stay in dialogue with developers
- Provide technical leadership to the development team, non-technical colleagues, and to customers
- Conduct technical workshops with customers
- Develop the product strategy and roadmap in collaboration with the Product Owner
- Define requirements in our agile process together with the Product Owner
- University degree in Information Science or similar
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer and/or software architect is required
- Experience with at least one of the programming languages Java, Kotlin, Swift or embedded C
- Familiarity with modern architectural principles, particularly in the areas of IoT, stream processing, and web services
- Formal architecture education is appreciated, but can also be acquired on the job
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines is a plus
- Very good German and English language skills, both written and spoken
- Effective communication skills
- Permanent full-time position
- Very family friendly (Favendo is part of the Initiative Familienpakt Bayern)
- Flexible working hours
- Home Office / Mobile working
- Top Equipment – as you need
- Free drinks in the office (Coffee, Tea, Water)
- Allowance for company pension plan
- Company Mobile Phone
Did we spark your interest?
Very good! Then send us your complete application documents including salary expectations by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below. We look forward to getting to know you!